Screw Machine Set-Up Operator
National Technologies, Inc. (NTI) is looking for an experienced Screw Machine Set-Up Operator to join our team. Experience with Acme, New Britain, and/or Brown & Sharpe Machines is preferred. Your reward?
- You’ll be surrounded by the best engineers, operators, and support people in Wisconsin — who hold each other to the highest standards in the industry — while making precision machined components for world-class OEMs.
- You’ll be working in a safe, clean, bright, organized, and air-conditioned facility with well-maintained equipment and tooling.
- Plus, you’ll enjoy competitive pay and great benefits like a legit onsite gym, affordable insurance, and 100% paid technical education opportunities.
What you need to know about the job
- Full-time. 1st and 2nd shift positions are available.
- 1st shift is 6 AM to 4:30 PM Monday – Thursday with optional overtime hours available on Fridays.
- 2nd shift’s current schedule is Monday-Thursday 4:30 PM – 3:30 AM. No mandatory OT = 3-day weekends!
- $17 – $28 / hr depending on shift plus experience.
What equipment you’ll operate
- Acme 6 Spindle Screw Machines (9/16” – 1-¼”)
- New Britain 6 & 8 Spindle Screw Machines (1-⅝ – 2-¼”)
- Brown & Sharpe Single Spindle Screw Machines (½ – 2”)
How you’ll contribute to our team
Our operators are trusted to own their jobs from start to finish. After training and orientation, nobody’s looking over your shoulder here. That means:
- You will set up, adjust, and operate single or multiple spindle automatic screw machines to machine a variety of parts and details to close tolerances and finish requirements.
- Speeds, feeds, cams, tooling arrangements, and operational sequences are prescribed but you’ll have the freedom to make adjustments with the approval of the Supervisor to compensate for variations in materials and machining conditions.
- You may grind tools.
- You will use a variety of precision measuring instruments to detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- You will occasionally run special or short-run jobs where standard and established machining practices are applied.
- You will assist with diagnosing tooling and operating difficulties.
- You may operate more than one machine simultaneously, cycles permitting.
- You’re not totally on your own. Everyone is ready to help each other as needed. Plus, set-ups are performed by others and work is subject to process and final inspection.
- You’ll maintain your work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
What you’ve done
- You’re familiar with the basic machine functions of Acme, New Britain Multiple Spindle, and Brown & Sharpe Single Spindle Screw Machines or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of previous set-up experience or a strong resume that makes up for a lack of experience.
- You’re able to read blueprints.
- You can work from drawings and routings.
- You know how to use basic and precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to lift, bend, and use handheld equipment.
- Must be able to work with lubricants, cutting fluids, and coolants.
Who you are
- You are highly motivated — our team does whatever it takes to get work done correctly and on time. You’ll be expected to keep up.
- You’re able to be coached. We’re not going to dress you down in front of the floor, but if you’ve got room to learn, you need to be ready to listen and take feedback.
- You can understand and effectively communicate highly precise and technical information. The stakes are too high for us to tolerate poor communicators.
- You’re able to work safely while respecting others, our equipment, and company procedures.
Why join our team?
- 2 opportunities for raises in the first 12 months of employment.
- No corporate BS. Talk directly to management. We’re 3rd generation owned and based right here in Wisconsin.
- Friday’s are optional and on your schedule. Want to work 5am-Noon or 7am-11am? Fine by us.
- No mandatory overtime — EVER.
- Affordable Health Insurance with a $1,000 deductible. Plus, Dental, Vision, $15k in Life Insurance, Disability benefits, Flex Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account.
- Generous 401K with a company match of 50% up to 8% income.
- Vacation pay plus 4 hrs PTO earned for every month of perfect attendance.
- Paid holiday time off.
- Gym onsite and fully stocked with dumbbells, machines, and cardio.
- FREE continental breakfast followed by “Snack Fest” every Thursday.
- 100% paid up-front job-related college or tech classes. Including several classes taught by MATC right here at NTI so you can learn while you earn.
About National Technologies
Do you feel stuck and underappreciated at your job? A good paycheck is great, but feeling like your employer has your back is just as important. A job at National Technologies buys you both. Discover the work-life balance you’ve always wanted with optional overtime and three-day weekends. Get into your workflow with fewer interruptions thanks to our organized systems and well-maintained equipment. And never worry about job security again: layoffs aren’t our thing. Because we believe work should be more than just a paycheck.